Thursday 15 September 2011

Deepika’s New Avatar

Deepika Padukone has realized her dream of romancing the big stage, her burning desire to see India win an Olympic medal is yet to be fulfilled .Playing badminton from the striking teenager at the Canara Union court in Malleswaram to setting the ramp and silver screen.”I’ve been a national –level badminton player myself .During my training days, I felt there was lack of resources, especially in terms of facilities and coaching. I didn’t have a problem as I trained at my dad’s academy, although he refused to train me until I reached a certain level.Still, when we travelled for tournaments and camps, the facilities were never up to the mark.”
Sports has always had a special place in my heart apart from modeling and acting which I picked,”Modelling and acting were my passion, but I decided long ago that when I achieved something, I would do my bit for sports. I have always believed that there is so much talent waiting to be unearthed here.Since, not many schools gives importance to sport, I wanted to help raise a platform for budding talents”. She adds

No comments:

Post a Comment